Good LASIK Candidates:
- Are tired of their glasses and contact lenses
- Want to see while skiing, swimming, and running on the sports field
- Do not want their glasses to fog up or slip down their nose anymore
- Want people to see what they really look like
- Are tired of dragging contacts, glasses, and solutions around
- Want to see the alarm clock first thing in the morning
You are a good LASIK candidate if you are at least 18 years old, in good general health, and have good eye health with no diseases such as cataracts or corneal dystrophies. Laser vision correction can treat a very broad range of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Good LASIK candidates also need realistic expectations. We can never give you a guarantee of “perfect vision”. While most laser patients have overwhelming success in reducing dependence on glasses and contact lenses, the degree of improvement may vary among individuals. How well and how quickly your vision improves depends on how well you heal and the severity of your prescription.
Though we can not offer an absolute guarantee, 98% of our patients achieve 20/40 (driving vision) without glasses after LASIK surgery, 92% achieve 20/20 vision, and 46% achieve 20/15 to 20/10 vision (supervision) following their LASIK surgery.
To find out if laser vision correction is right for you, schedule a free consultation at one of our convenient locations.